How to have an at home spa night + enter to win our Giveaway with Level Naturals!
As the temps get cooler during the fall, it’s the perfect time to plan a relaxing spa night at home! While I love going to the spa, a couple things get in the way of frequent visits. First, the cost. Spa treatments are great for special occasions, but not something I can fit in my usual budget. But let me tell you, if I won the lottery tomorrow, the first thing I would do would be escape to a spa for as long as possible. Second, finding a spa that uses non-toxic products can be a challenge. Most of the time, you don’t know the products being used or their ingredients and don’t want to go through the hassle of researching ahead of time.
It can definitely be difficult to take some time for yourself at home to relax. There is always a long list of things to be cleaned, family members needing our attention, or tv and phones to distract us. It can be hard to completely step away, but I find that a bath is one of the best ways to escape technology or my to do list and just have some time to myself. An at home spa night also keeps my budget in check and I don’t have to worry about the ingredients in the products I’m using- it’s a win-win.
How can you create your own?
First-clean your tub! Seriously, you are not going to be able to relax if you are noticing your grimy bathroom. Also, use some safe cleaning products. You will inevitably have some cleaning product residue left over and since you will be soaking in the tub, make sure to use something with non-toxic ingredients. My current fav is Branch Basics. If you are looking to try their brand out and want $10 off your purchase, use this link: http://branchbasics.refr.cc/deena1
While you are filling your tub, throw on a hair or face mask. There are tons of non-toxic options available (email me or comment below if you need recommendations). OR you can use what you have in your fridge or cabinet to come up with some great DIY treatments (think honey, coconut oil or avocado).
- Light a candle.The dim lighting of a candle can immediately transform your space and help encourage you to relax. Conventional scented candles typically are made with toxic fragrance as well as paraffin wax which releases benzene and toluene when burned- both are carcinogens. Some candles when burned can be equivalent to inhaling second hand smoke. Instead, choose something like this Level Naturals Grapefruit+ Bergamot candle. It has soy wax and is fragranced with essential oils.
- Put on a calming playlist. listen to a spa playlist on Spotify or anything to help you unwind or drown out the sounds of the tv or family members in the other room.
- Check the bath water temperature. There’s nothing worse than a bath that is cold or room temp. Make sure to check the water about half-way through.
- As the remaining water is running in, pour yourself a drink! Choose your own adventure here. While I have been known to bring a glass of wine in the tub after a long day, most of the time, I like to bring a large glass of water to stay hydrated. To create a more spa-like atmosphere, add some lemon, cucumbers or mint into your water. It’s a great way to keep yourself hydrated while you are sweating out some toxins. Another option is to pour a cup of herbal tea.
- Get in the tub and throw in a bath bomb or soak. The pumpkin chai bath bombs from Level Naturals are quickly becoming a favorite of mine this season. It’s a perfect fall scent and, as with all of their bath bombs, you will walk out of the tub with your skin incredibly hydrated! You could also add in additional bath soak or salt to amp up the detox benefits of the bath. If your muscles are feeling sore, look for something with epsom salt to aid with muscle recovery.
Sit back and relax. This may be easier said than done. Sometimes you have to get used to just sitting and doing nothing because we are always on the go.
We wanted to make it a little easier for you to create an at home spa night, so we have partnered with our friends at Level Naturals on a giveaway! One lucky winner will get a set of the new pumpkin chai bath bombs plus a grapefruit + bergamot soy candle ($36 value)! So how can you win?
Follow @thebathwell and @level_naturals on instagram
Tag a friend in the comments of the post below. Optional: tag additional friends in separate comments for extra entries!